PTA - Parents’ Association
The school has a thriving Parents’ Association run by an enthusiastic committee. Events are organised throughout the year, including a barbecue in September for parents of new students in Year 7.
The Parents’ Association has been active in supporting the school by providing refreshments at events such as the Open Evening and the school production.
A major function of the Parents' Association has been to raise funds for the school. The Parents' Association was delighted to be able to donate £3,000 for new drinking fountains and £2,000 for picnic benches to enable the students to make the most of the all too rare sunny days. They have funded the running of a monthly food club, provided costumes and lighting for the drama club and a sound system for the hall.
The Parents’ Association is always looking for new members to join its committee, or just to offer a hand with functions.
How can you help?
You can join the team:-
- as a committee member (the committee meets every couple of months to organise events such as quiz nights, the Christmas Raffle and refreshments at school productions)
- as a flexible helper (eg, to help set up and sell refreshments at events)
Contact Sarah West via email@example.com
NEXT EVENT: PTA meeting taking place on Monday 27th September 6:30 pm, Haydon Library!
We welcome any parents who want to find out more about what we do, or who would like to join the PTA.
Do you know how the PTA has supported the school and pupils?
Here are just a few of the things the PTA have provided:
· CAD Embroidery machine
· Camping equipment for Duke of Edinburgh students
· Camera’s for media and photography students
· Picnic tables and benches
· Various sporting equipment, including new goals and badminton/netball goals
· Table tennis tables
· Books and Kindles and contributed towards various workshops
For more information, please reach out directly to:
Sarah West; firstname.lastname@example.org or
Clair Herbert; email@example.com
I really hope to see you on the 27th of September.