Skip to content ↓

Free School Meals / Pupil Premium

The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called aPupil Premium’.

For every child registered Haydon School gets £955.

With this money we could give your child extra support with their English and Mathematics.  If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also get help with the cost of some school trips.

Please register by contacting,uk who be able to send you the relevant qualifying pack or advise you how to register on the ‘my free school meals’ website.

How does it work?

  1. First, check if you qualify – visit and click on Check Eligibility at the bottom of the page.
  2. Registering is really quick and easy, if you have any issues please contact Ms Ford on 0208 429 9561 (direct number).
  3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £955 extra.
  4. If you do not want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £955 extra.

 No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.

  • The free school meal money (£2.00 daily) is automatically put on ParentPay daily and therefore for all students the process is very confidential and discrete.
  • If you would like to talk to us about registering, please contact Ms Ford on 0208 429 9561 (direct number).

Do you qualify?

You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit – for those applying on or after 1 April 2018, their household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits they get).