Virtual Learning Environment
Haydon School is a London Champion school for Fronter
Haydon School is a leading London school in the use of its Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) system supplied by Fronter. We have used this system for the past 5 years. For the last 2 years Haydon has been a showcase champion school. This has involved supporting other schools in workshops we host and run and demonstrating our best practice to other schools.
VLE systems provide a number of important benefits for a modern school. These include:
- More sophisticated methods of communication
- The ability to deliver more effective personalised learning
- Personalised electronic diaries and deadline lists to help students organise their workload
- Online assessment and marking
- The ability to allow collaborative work between students
- Controlled access to school resources
- The ability to set up links with other schools
- The ability for parents to gain more detailed information on the progress of their son or daughter
On the last point, we are currently developing a Parental Portal into Fronter which will allow parents to access resources available to students.
Lead Teacher for VLE
To login to the system students should go to www.fronter.com/hillingdon and use their LGFL email login details. For example; trobson002.312